The Gold Standard In College Admissions Consulting
EMERGING LEADER PROGRAM
Two Options for Your World-Class Team Of Expert Resources
Emerging Leader Research Program
A special 8-week program for you to complete an original research project with guidance from one of 95+ professors from top-tier universities at places like Duke, University of Pennsylvania, Yale and Columbia University.
Emerging Leader Industry Program
A special 8-week program for you to work remotely in an industry-centered educational experience that aligns best with your unique set of skills, talents, and interests while receiving coaching and professional development.
Your ability to succeed hinges on your ability to reach your potential!
Ivy Insight is pleased to offer two advantageous programs featuring opportunities to create an original research project, solve real-world challenges and enhance your professional development.
We have put together two program opportunities:
1. Research Program: A special 2-month program to allow students like you to take advantage of this time to complete a project remotely from one of 95+ top experts at colleges like University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, MIT and Columbia University. For this program, you will invest time and energy diving deep into your passions in order to showcase your uniqueness and be that stand out candidate.
2. Industry Program: The industry program includes 8 weeks of intense growth and development through real-life experiences and interactions held virtually. After evaluating your application and supporting data, we’ll place you in a field that aligns best with your current abilities and interests and your future goals.
Navyaa is a student who recently participated in our Emerging Leader Program.
Navyaa discusses what brought her to Ivy Insight and the challenges she was encountering before discovering our program. She gives wonderful insight into why the Emerging Leader Program benefitted her and the ways she received even more than what she expected.
During my COVID-era gap year, the Emerging Leader Program was such a grounding force in my life. Working with my scholarly advisor to collect literature on equitable education reform also kickstarted the archival and polyvocal storytelling projects I pursued in college.
During our ELP advising sessions, Dr. Legatt also shared an alternative to the traditional extracurricular-packed student schedule which has stuck with me. She explained the power and impact of intentionally pursuing passion projects that cross disciplines and engage social justice and leadership.
Now, 3 years after crystallizing my passion for social justice storytelling, interdisciplinary projects, and leadership during ELP, I am proud to announce that I received the Obama Foundation’s Voyager Scholarship for Public Service!”
-Willa (she/her and or they/them)
Frequently Asked Questions
This unique program runs for 8 consecutive weeks and operates on a rolling admissions basis.
Remote-Located Research Program
After evaluating your application and supporting data, we’ll place you in either a field that aligns best with your current abilities and interests and your future goals.
For the duration of the program, you will work remotely. To make this experience a success, you need to have access to reliable internet and be able to check and respond to email and text messages regularly.
We accept applications from both high school and college students ages 14- 21.
Tuition & Fees
Both application and session fees are non-refundable investments.
Session fees include: all instructional programs, professional development activities, and program networking events.
Tuition for the Emerging Leader Program starts at $7500.
The Emerging Leader Program is an elite opportunity uniquely designed for hard-working, top tier students. Only the best applicants will be accepted into the program. Determinations will be made after careful review of the following materials:
- Personal contact information
- An unofficial transcript
- Resume or activity list
- If applying from outside of the United States will also be asked to submit their TOEFL English Competency scores or a letter of recommendation from their English teacher.
We employ a rolling admissions policy, placing qualified applicants into available spaces on a first-come, first-served basis.
Selections will be made based on academic achievement, demonstrated interest in the requested field, and an authentic desire to maximize the program experience.
After all required materials have been received, you will be notified of next steps within 7 business days.
Intended Major: Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
- Charles would like to devise a wearable device that acquires bio-metric data and body motions of swimmers.
- Charles had a lot of ideas, however there was a need for him to focus on the main relevant factors contributing to his design paper.
Matched professor: A mechanical engineering professor from Columbia University who teaches courses in thermal-fluids engineering and aerospace propulsion.
How did our program help him?
- We helped Charles to review and improve his writing for the design paper.
- Additionally, Charles has learnt to improve his patent application paper for his product design.
- Charles has created a design paper, which describes the purpose, function, and dimensional characteristics of the wearable device.
- Charles’s patent application was reviewed and edited.
- The program has provided valuable evaluation which pinpointed Charles’s strengths and weaknesses.
City of Residence: Philidelphia
Intended Major: Economics
Anthony is a student at one of the top 5 private day schools in the United States. He has a passion for economics and entrepreneurship. Anthony’s budding interest in debate and leadership gives him strong potential for success in business related majors in the future. With a professor from MIT, he was able to achieve his goals and more!
What challenges did he face?
- Though Anthony has a passion for economics and entrepreneurship, he has no experience in starting business plans or analyzing business trends.
- Anthony has a strong foundation in subjects such as statistics and economics, but has yet to use this knowledge towards any practical real-life pursuits.
Matched professor: A Mathematics lecturer in MIT, he has been an investment manager, exploiting advanced statistical analytics to manage a variety of investment programs.
How did our program help him?
- Anthony has gained a deeper understanding into reading financial data, analyzing stock trends, and deciphering what the numbers mean.
- The professor introduced Anthony to statistics concept, statistics programming language and RStudio software.
- The professor further provided a step-by-step instruction manual to ensure Anthony remember beyond the program.
City of Residence: San Francisco
Intended Major: Art History
Sarah is at the top of her class with a 4.03 GPA. Her main academic passion is Art History. She has taken art history courses and done independent study in modern and ancient art history. She is the president of her school’s art and design club, and is also a designer/contributor to a student magazine.
What challenges did she face?
- She had to become acquainted with terminology and notions she was not aware of before.
- She was assigned college level research papers as reading and was expected to write her research paper at a college level as well.
Matched professor: A core curriculum instructor from Columbia University in Art Humanities and a Teaching Assistant in Art, History and Archaeology. His primary field of research is Greek and Roman archaeology.
How did our program help her?
- At the end of the program, she was equipped with a research paper that is well suited for college application.
- She will be getting receiving a letter of recommendation from the professor when she is ready for college application.
Apply to the Emerging Leader Programs